Friday, June 8, 2007

Wearing them out

That's a change from the other way around - them wearing ME out.

This week Will has been in half-day soccer camp, and Michael has had morning group tennis lessons. I'm really impressed with the soccer camp; the coach running it coaches collegiate soccer but he is great with the younger kids, and all the counselors are college soccer players. It's half day for Will's age and full day for older kids.

Michael's tennis lessons are from 10 to 11:30 out in the hot sun and he refuses to wear a hat. He's completely red in the face and droopy when I pick him up.

Two days ago after I picked Will up from soccer we went over to a friend's house to swim in their pool. We stayed for a few hours and when we got home, Will was on the verge of falling asleep on the sofa. That night he was sound asleep by 8:00 and Michael by 9:00, which is unusual for both of them.

Yesterday after soccer camp we went over to my uber-crafty friend Beth's house, where about twenty kids and their moms made stepping stones for Father's Day. I had a beer while I was there and had a headache for the rest of the day.

Practice this week consisted of a practice at home on Monday while Michael was at tennis, and a 7:45 class at the studio on Tuesday night. It was listed as intermediate primary, but it turned out to be an excruciatingly slow half primary with a bunch of hip opening type postures following. I was feeling a bit grumpy about it, actually. If I had known, I wouldn't have wasted one of my classes on it. It was my first, and probably last, class with this particular teacher.

I also practiced this morning, doing David Swenson's 45 minute primary with a couple of extra postures thrown in.

In about half an hour we're meeting some friends at the pool and hopefully Lee will join us there when he gets home from work.

Tomorrow morning I am going to the 9am full primary, which I am very much looking forward to, then I'm going to Trader Joe's. Then I'm planning to paint the trim on the inside of the back door.

And so goes another thrilling week chez Mama Yogini....

No comments: