Monday, June 4, 2007

One down, ten to go

Weeks, that is, until summer vacation is over.

Really, I'm trying to keep a good attitude about summer and not spend every minute loathing it, but I'm feeling a bit dispirited today. Lee is out of town all week and likely part of next, he worked all weekend and likely will have to next weekend even though he'll be home, and we're dead broke and I can't afford to take the boys anywhere except the pool, which they will be burned out on by July 4th if I take them every day. There seems to be no respite from the hot, bright sun, no rain, no clouds, no nothing.

Geez, I'm feeling sorrier for myself than ever. Gosh, I love summer! We're having a blast! Summer rocks! We have so much free time and I just love it! Sunshine for days - who could ask for anything more?!?

Practice - I went Saturday morning to a more advanced primary class. I have not been to that class before and I was worried I'd clearly be the least capable ashtangi, but I needn't have worried. John was not feeling well and left us on our own at utkatasana, and I kept an eye on the people in the front row, but I pretty much knew what I was doing for the whole rest of the series. I had a great class, tons of sweat and good focus.

Both boys have camps this week in the morning - Will is at soccer camp at Agnes Scott from 9 to 1 and Michael is taking tennis from 10-11:30, so I rushed home after taking Michael and did an abbreviated primary in about fifty minutes, skipping vinyasas between sides and leaving out a few postures. Any other practices this week will be likewise abbreviated.

And I'm Little Susie Sunshine, signing off!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Last day of school for us is Thursday and I have similar feelings about summer...my boys fight ALL DAY EVERY DAY, and it's nice when the older one goes to school, because the little guy can play without all the drama.

What, oh what, will I do to keep sane for 10 long weeks???? :)

Blog, yoga, blog, yoga... :)

Dharmaparma said...

10 weeks!!!!! I thought the six weeks summer holiday was hard enough to deal with. All I can say is good luck