Last night and today I worked on a CD for the baby shower mom....some fun stuff to listen to at the shower, and then she can take the CD home with her. I chose "Love Child" by Diana Ross & the Supremes; "Mother's Little Helper" by the Stones; a very funny old blues song called "Mother-In-Law" ; "Mother and Child Reunion" and "Father and Daughter" by Paul Simon; "Up All Night" by the Talking Heads; "Forever Young" by Bob Dylan; a Sheryl Crow cover of "Sweet Child of Mine"; "Mother Nature's Son" and "Your Mother Should Know" by the Beatles; a Dusty Springfield cover of "Mama Said"; "Lullaby" by the Dixie Chicks; "Brothers and Sisters" by Ziggy Marley; "Beautiful Boy" by John Lennon; "Mama's got a squeezebox" by the Who, and "Mamas, Don't Let your Babies Grow Up to be Cowboys" by Willie & Waylon.
The boys had never heard "Mama's got a squeezebox" before and they both thought it was a total hoot. I had included "Eat For Two" by 10,000 Maniacs at first, but I thought that song might be a bit of a downer.
Tomorrow I have some cooking and major cleaning to do to further prepare for the shower. I bought several bunches of flowers today that I need to arrange, and Saturday, after I line up at 7:30 am for Rec camp registration, I have to go buy balloons. Despite the work, this should be a lot of fun...there's about nine of us, plus the pregnant mom, her daughter, her mother, and her aunt. The menu includes grilled chicken skewers, fruit, cheese, hummus, hot mushroom dip, deviled eggs, rice salad, little sandwiches of mango chutney & cream cheese, homemade truffles, wine, iced tea and a giant sheet cake decorated in pink & blue with a big yellow question mark in the middle, because the mom has opted not to find out what she's having.
So, practice? What practice? Ha. I hope tomorrow I can get to my one Primary class for the week. The pollen has me wanting to take a fork to my eyeballs, and everytime I bend over I have a dull pain in the top of my head from sinus congestion. Funnily, I can breathe through my nose fine; the congestion is way up in my head and it hurts. Lee suggested I try his Neti pot. I might in the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment