So I'm having one. It's dark red, and came in a tall green bottle that needed to be opened with a corkscrew.
Practice today, well, at least I can say I did it. My plan was to get the boys off to school and do at least 45 minutes or maybe even the full series, but when I got home I got sidetracked by a billpaying/banking issue and it was well after 9:00 before I was able to unroll my mat and get started for a 45 minute practice. I had a new
Snatam Kaur CD to listen to while I practiced so I was pretty happy. I got a good start, felt pretty strong and fairly flow-y. I swear, I could get addicted to the feeling that I get in each shoulder joint when I extend, then reach around to bind in mari a. I get the best pop and release. Anyway, I was along about baddha konasana when the phone rang. By the caller ID, I thought it was the husband of this pregnant friend of mine for whom I am having a suprise baby shower on Saturday. He was supposed to call me today, so I picked up the phone, but it turned out to be my friend, not her husband. So anyway, twenty minutes later, I got back to my practice but it was going on 11:00 by then so I blew through shoulderstand, plow, karna pidasana...or maybe it was garbha pidasana, I always get them confused when I'm not looking at the series. One is the one where you're in shoulderstand, then you lower your knees to the mat by your ears. The other is not in the 45 minute series per David Swenson, but I did it anyway...from shoulderstand, and cross into full lotus, balance on the shoulders, and put your hands on your thighs. Anyway, I threw that one in there, did a couple attempts at headstand...it's coming along, my legs are going higher each time and I feel steadier....did a couple tolasanas, a quick savasana, and that was it.
Will came out of school this afternoon with a "Chick-Fil-A Spirit Night" sticker on his shirt, but when I said "little dude, daddy and I do not want to eat at Chick-Fil-A tonight", he burst into sobs. He wasn't pitching a fit, he was just wailing in disappointment. Tantrums I can go with, but I hate to disappoint my little buddies. So I capitulated and took them up there a little while ago to eat. I swear it is a good thing they are such cute, sweet kids because they are total slobs. Michael spaced out and forgot he was not drinking from a water bottle, tipped his milkshake cup up to drink, and wound up looking like someone had thrown a pie in his face. Will kept pulling his straw out of his cup and liquid was dripping everywhere. Then he got up on his knees, leaned on the table, and it tipped over. OY! Hence my need for my liquid attitude adjustment.
No comments:
Post a Comment