You know when the governor starts praying for rain, that he's run out of ideas. We had about ten minutes of rain at our house last night, so I guess technically his prayers were answered.
Meanwhile, a country club dweller in the northern 'burbs used something like 440,000 gallons of water in October. It's safe to assume that he's not practicing the "if it's yellow, let it mellow" philosophy of water conservation.
In spite of the drought, or perhaps because of it, the leaves around here are spectacular this fall.
This Japanese maple is next to our driveway:

These trees are two doors down from us:

This red maple is in our back yard (I took this picture yesterday, and it's even more brilliantly red today):

And this is the view up the street:

So when I posted last, on Monday, I stated that I had no excuses for not practicing at home Tuesday morning. When I left for my mammogram on Tuesday morning, though, I just knew it wasn't going to happen...that sense of urgency was gone. However, I did manage five a's and three b's, at least...I didn't even change, I just kicked off my shoes, pulled off the long-sleeve tee that I had over a tank, and threw my mat down. I also stretched out over my exercise ball, which I have been doing almost daily in order to get the kinks out of my upper back.
Yesterday I did a hot fusion class, and afterward worked on my backbending...John has been having us lower down onto our forearms and clasp our hands in backbend, and I couldn't quite get my forearms down the last time I tried. So after the hot class, I did a few backbends, then lowered, and my arms went down and my hands met, but I couldn't interlace my fingers. That backbending was hard on my lower back yesterday; I had to take a few ibuprofen when I got home.
Tomorrow is yoga for sloths, I mean, the ashtanga class at the local studio.
2 comments:
Great pictures - thanks for posting them. I'm right up the "road" in Charlotte, NC and the trees have been beautiful here too.
The trees are gorgeous. I hope you get some rain soon, though!
Post a Comment