
This is what I picked this morning from the garden, and there's a lot more to come. There are a bunch of tomatoes that will be ripe within the next few days.
I want to do something really yummy with those big tomatoes, and the three or four others on the counter, but I'm not sure what...I'm thinking about cutting them in quarters and roasting them with a whole lot of garlic, olive oil, and herbs from the garden. Maybe I'll blacken them in my iron skillet and make a roasted tomato salsa. Or maybe I'll just slice them and we'll eat them with salt & pepper - they are juicy and acidic and wonderful.
Lee & the boys came home from camping around noon on the 4th...we've just been taking it easy since then. We went to party/cookout on the 4th and watched the city fireworks at dark. I was a wee bit hung over yesterday morning, so Will and I slept in until after 10:00 which is almost unheard of for me. He had climbed in bed at about dawn yesterday and it felt so good snuggling with him, especially after he's been gone for four nights, so I was in no hurry to get up.
I haven't practiced since Wednesday morning, but after doing classes five days in a row - a primary, an intro to 2nd, a hip opener, and two Bikrams - I was glad to take time off. I'm going to advanced primary in the morning and I"ll bet I'll feel great. Sometimes after taking a few days off I'm suprised at what I can do.
Friday, July 6, 2007
Tomatoes gone wild
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so jealous of your tomatoes since I killed mine :-( Enjoy!!
Post a Comment