by yogamum.
Gosh, I feel like one of the cool kids now. ;-)
Eight random facts about me:
1. I cheated on my algebra final in the 10th grade so that I would have a "B" average in class, and if I had a "B" average, my parents would let me have a phone in my room. (This was in 1982, so it was kind of a big deal!).
2. Once I thought I was going to drown in the Snake River in Wyoming. My husband and I were canoeing down the river, and we got caught in a whirlpool in some rapids. The canoe went over, and I felt like I was trapped underwater for a couple of hours. (I did ruin my camera, which was in my pocket).
3. I periodically see Emily Saliers of the Indigo Girls at the grocery store.
4. The first thing I look for in the newspaper every morning is the comic "For Better or For Worse".
5. I was chaplain of my college sorority for a year.
6. My greatest fear is of having to speak in public.
7. I hate my feet. But yoga has definitely helped me accept them.
8. If I were going to be stranded on a desert island for the rest of my life and could take only three cd's with me, they would be "Kind of Blue" by Miles Davis, the White Album by the Beatles, and "Reveling Reckoning" by Ani DiFranco.
I'm not sure I know eight other bloggers to tag...I've deliberately kept my blog-o-sphere small so I don't get sucked into blog surfing for hours every day. Hmmm, I'll have to think on the tagging thing.
I went to a hot class tonight, as soon as Lee got home from work. He brought with him some things he picked up for me at the little organic farmer's market near his building: two dozen fresh organic eggs, two bags of salad greens, a dozen Vidalia onions. During class, as my stomach growled, I fantasized about those organic eggs. So my dinner tonight was three soft-boiled organic eggs and some organic strawberries. That, and three squares of Dagoba organic 87% extra dark chocolate.
Hot class rocked...the heat was tough, but ashtanga has most definitely made it easier to hold my focus in there. I'm planning to go to a led primary in the morning, so we'll see if I suck wind as badly as I think I will there. I felt too wiped out to do the backbends I usually do after a hot class, but I did hold a nice, long, steady headstand. Why was I so afraid of headstand?
This weekend I am working several hours at the PTA hot dog stand at the Decatur Arts Festival...then the weekend is mine, all mine! Lee's sister and her husband and brother and his wife are going camping at the family property in Hanging Dog, NC, and Lee has decided to take the boys and go for two nights. I am a little bit sorry I can't go, but I've already committed to my volunteer stint, and besides, I am so excited at the prospect of free time! I want to go see a movie or two, like a chick flick I wouldn't normally get to see...I'll have to wait and see what's playing this weekend. I'm also going to read...and do yoga....and sleep late...and wash the car....and browse the Arts Fest...will I fit it all in? I don't know, but I'm going to have fun trying.
1 comment:
I always wanted a phone in my room but never got it! I remember dragging the phone with the looooong cord into the closet so I could talk in privacy.
A weekend alone sounds heavenly! Enjoy!
Post a Comment