
Actually, 'little' isn't really the right word, because he weighed 12 pounds, 2 ounces, was 24-3/4 inches long and had a 16 inch head.
Giving birth to him under any circumstances would have been an amazing event, but doing it at home with a midwife and, obviously, no medication, was truly the most amazing, incredible, and empowering thing I've ever done, by far.
His birth story is here (for any birth junkies out there).

Whenever I'm feeling chickenshit about something, I remember his birth, and I think, if I can do that, I can do anything.
Now, he's a sturdy, loud, blue-eyed, rambunctious guy who towers over all the kids in his pre-K class, has a scream like a police whistle being blown in your ear, hates vegetables, loves Magic Tree House books, Legos, and Harry Potter, worships his older brother, and climbs in our bed to sleep between me and Lee every single night. He'll start kindergarten in the fall and I can't believe it - this big baby boy who used to love the Wiggles and nursed until he was three.
He's so heavy I can no longer pick him up, but he still wants me to.



Happy birthday to my special buddy!
5 comments:
Wow - amazing! Happy mother's day (a day late) ;->
Hope you all have a wonderful day, my middle son is 5 end of the month I cannot beleive how quickly 5 years fly by
Wow, 12 pounds?? You are a goddess.
I thought I was doing good -- my daughter was nine pounds and I had an unmedicated hospital birth, but you win!!
He's a lovely boy. Have a wonderful day!!
Happy Mother's Day!!!!!
you are more amazing than I thought!! I also loved doing birth naturally...it was great. (did it in the hospital, though and no 12 inch head - wow!) What a mother's day present for you 5 years ago, huh?
Post a Comment