Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Falling apart.

It's remarkable how a poor night's sleep can totally ruin your day. How many of the things wrong with this world can be attributed to people not getting enough rest?

Last night I slept from 10:15 or so until 10 after 3 this morning when Will cried out and I woke up...try as I might I could not go back to sleep until Lee got up and went for a run, at about twenty 'til 6...then I slept until 7. I had wanted to get up and do a thirty-minute practice, but that didn't happen. I could barely climb stairs today without having to stop and rest.

Michael stayed home today, not feeling well....brief periods of low-grade fever, a slight cough & a general malaise. I took him to Target today because I had a long list of things to get, half of which I forgot, because I was in such a fog. I almost felt unsafe driving, too.

Tonight Lee is going with some friends to the Roxy to see Tragically Hip...if he wakes me up when he comes in, I might have to kill him.

I bought a new vacuum cleaner today, and it sucks. And not in a good way.

I will have time for an hour and a half of practice in the morning. I MUST sleep tonight!!

1 comment:

Boodiba said...

I've thought about trying to find a hypnotist, to put me under and tell me that I WILL NEVER HAVE INSOMNIA AGAIN. I swear if I run across anyone, especially a someone with a recommendation, I'd be prepared to give it a try. If it was, say, $200 or less.